...one woman's 25 year quest to share a pint with the man who would be king.



Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Once upon a time...

A very long time ago (over 25 years), I lived in Germany on an army base.  Somewhere during that time, I saw a movie with a very young Colin Firth.  No one knew who he was.  He was just a kid.  I was just a kid.  But he appealed to me.  There was just something that made me stop and think that this guy had a spark.  This guy had some internal "something" that spoke to me.  It helped that I also thought he was extremely cute in a boy-next-door sort of way.  I was hooked.  It was fate...or insanity.  But Cupid's arrow had struck it's mark and I could not tear it out from my heart anytime soon.

Several years passed and I returned to the States.  But I could not forget the boy I saw.  I could not forget the boy who had stolen a piece of me.  He would never know the mark he had left on my heart.  I would have to throw the dream of meeting him out to the cosmos and hope someday the gods would shine upon me.

And so my project began....25 years ago....to spread the word.   First to family and then to anyone who would listen to me.   "Have you heard of this young actor, Colin Firth?"  No one had.  No one listened.  No one cared.

Except me.

No comments:

Post a Comment